from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. in an eminent or prominent manner
- adv. to a great degree; notably, highly
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In an eminent manner; in a high degree; conspicuously.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In an eminent degree; in a manner to attract observation; so as to be conspicuous and distinguished from others: as, to be eminently learned or useful.
- As used by the older philosophical writers, in the highest possible degree; perfectly; absolutely; in a sovereign manner: said especially of the production of an effect by a cause infinitely superior to it.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in an eminent manner
eminent + -ly (Wiktionary)