from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In a consequential manner; with consequence or significance.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. With just deduction of consequence; with right connection of ideas; logically.
- adv. By remote consequence; not immediately; eventually.
- adv. In a regular series; in the order of cause and effect; with logical concatenation; consecutively; continuously.
- adv. With assumed importance; pompously.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a connected series; in the order of cause and effect, or of antecedent and consequent.
- With correct deduction of consequences; with right connection of ideas; connectedly; coherently.
- In sequence or course of time; hence, not immediately; eventually.
- Consecutively: in due order and connection.
- With assumed importance; with conceit; pompously; pretentiously.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. having consequence
Sorry, no etymologies found.