from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. In the form of a circle or sphere.
- adv. With full force or vigor; thoroughly: applauded roundly; was roundly criticized.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. circularly
- adv. utterly or thoroughly
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In a round form or manner.
- adv. Openly; boldly; peremptorily; plumply.
- adv. Briskly; with speed.
- adv. Completely; vigorously; in earnest.
- adv. Without regard to detail; in gross; comprehensively; generally.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a round form.
- In a round or positive manner; frankly, bluntly, vigorously, earnestly, energetically, or the like. See round, adjective, 9.
- In round numbers; without formal exactness; approximately.
- Briskly; hastily; quickly.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in a round manner
- adv. in a blunt direct manner
round + -ly (Wiktionary)