from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In a harsh manner; severely.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In a harsh manner; gratingly; roughly; rudely.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a harsh manner; roughly; austerely; unkindly.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in a harsh and grating manner
- adv. in a harsh or unkind manner
From harsh + -ly. (Wiktionary)