from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. in a proper manner
- adv. individually; in one's own manner
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In a proper manner; suitably; fitly; strictly; rightly
- adv. Individually; after one's own manner.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In one's own manner, speech, action, etc.
- In a proper manner; with propriety; fitly; suitably; correctly: as, a word properly applied; a dress properly adjusted.
- To a high degree; quite; entirely; exceedingly; extremely.
- Abbreviated properly
- Speaking without qualification.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. with reason or justice
- adv. in the right manner
proper + -ly (Wiktionary)