Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- With an even, level, or smooth surface; without roughness, or elevations and depressions; without inequalities; uniformly: as, the field slopes evenly to the river.
- In an even or equal manner; so as to produce or possess equality of parts, proportions, force, or the like: as, to divide anything evenly in the middle; they are evenly matched.
- In an equal degree or proportion; to an equal extent; equally.
- Without inclination toward either side; equally distant from extremes; impartially; without bias or variation.
- Smoothly; straightforwardly; harmoniously.
- adv. So as to make flat.
- adv. In a fair manner.
- adv. mathematics In a manner that leaves no remainder.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adv. With an even, level, or smooth surface; without roughness, elevations, or depression; uniformly; equally; comfortably; impartially; serenely.
- adv. in a level and regular way
- adv. in equal amounts or shares; in a balanced or impartial way
- even + -ly (Wiktionary)
“There was Captain Holland standing in the doorway, his expression evenly divided between amusement and irritation.”
“Spread the pumpkin evenly on a rimmed baking sheet and roast for about 25 minutes, or until nearly tender when pricked with a fork.”
“His plan spread that pain evenly amongst the age groups.”
“The cost will occur evenly from the starter house to the $$$custom house.”
“To get the fat to cut in evenly you must stop and angle the entire food processor to give its contents a jostle by shaking and tilting it every couple of pulses.”
“The President can decide what additional powers the vice president has beyond the one granted by the constitution (Cast deciding vote in evenly split senate vote), so the argument of governing isn't important.”
“You can similarly bet that air molecules will remain evenly spread through a room and not all move to one end by chance.”
“She had threaded tiny glass beads onto a length of wire as fine as a sewing thread and was pressing each bead into a mixture of beeswax and pine resin evenly spread over a carved wooden form.”
“Cutting was easy to do, though I think that cutting evenly is a bit trickier!”
“Because most sports are played in evenly-lit venues, images are about focus and timing.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘evenly’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
announcement of c..., campaign headquar..., campaign season, campaign staff, campaign strategy, campaign tactic, campaign team, campaign trail, campaigning, candidate, candidate registr..., caucus and 930 more...
Looking for tweets for evenly.