from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. So as to make flat.
- adv. In a fair manner.
- adv. In a manner that leaves no remainder.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. With an even, level, or smooth surface; without roughness, elevations, or depression; uniformly; equally; comfortably; impartially; serenely.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- With an even, level, or smooth surface; without roughness, or elevations and depressions; without inequalities; uniformly: as, the field slopes evenly to the river.
- In an even or equal manner; so as to produce or possess equality of parts, proportions, force, or the like: as, to divide anything evenly in the middle; they are evenly matched.
- In an equal degree or proportion; to an equal extent; equally.
- Without inclination toward either side; equally distant from extremes; impartially; without bias or variation.
- Smoothly; straightforwardly; harmoniously.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in a level and regular way
- adv. in equal amounts or shares; in a balanced or impartial way
even + -ly (Wiktionary)