from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In a cool, unpanicked or collected manner.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Coolish; cool.
- adv. In a cool manner; without heat or excessive cold; without passion or ardor; calmly; deliberately; with indifference; impudently.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Without heat; with a moderate degree of cold: as, the wind blew coolly through the trees.
- With a moderate sensation of cold.
- Without haste or passion; calmly; deliberately: as, the design was formed coolly and executed with firmness.
- In a cool or indifferent manner; not cordially; carelessly; disrespectfully: as, he was coolly received at court.
- With quiet presumption or impudence; nonchalantly; impudently: as, he coolly took the best for himself.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in a composed and unconcerned manner
Sorry, no etymologies found.