from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In a thoughtfully measured or regulated manner, eschewing extremes.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In a temperate manner.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a temperate manner or degree.
- Without over-indulgence in eating, drinking, or the like; abstemiously; soberly.
- Without violence or extravagance; dispassionately; calmly; sedately.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. without extravagance
- adv. with restraint
- adv. in a sparing manner; without overindulgence
temperate + -ly (Wiktionary)