from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A gate barring passage to a road, tunnel, or bridge until a toll is collected.
- n. A tollbooth equipped with a gate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A barrier across a toll road or toll bridge that is lifted when the toll is paid
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A gate where toll is taken.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A gate where toll is taken; a toll-bar.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a gate or bar across a toll bridge or toll road which is lifted when the toll is paid
Sorry, no etymologies found.