from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The charge for mailing an item.
- n. The stamps, labels, or printing placed on an item to be mailed as evidence of payment of this charge.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The charge for posting an item.
- n. The postage stamp, or similar token, affixed to an item of post as evidence of payment.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The price established by law to be paid for the conveyance of a letter or other mailable matter by a public post.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of posting or going by post; hence, passage; journey.
- n. The rate or charge levied on letters or other articles conveyed by post.
- n. The hire of a horse for traveling; the sum paid for the hire.
- n. The sending of letters, etc., by post.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the charge for mailing something
- n. a small adhesive token stuck on a letter or package to indicate that that postal fees have been paid
Sorry, no etymologies found.