from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of lop.
- n. The cutting off of branches, etc.
- n. That which is cut off; leavings.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A cutting off, as of branches; that which is cut off; leavings.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The cutting off of all the branches of a tree, except the crop or leading shoot, for the sake of the profit to be derived from them, as contrasted with pruning, by which some of the branches are cut off for the sake of the tree.
- n. That which is cut off; severed branches: commonly in the plural.
Sorry, no etymologies found.