from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of extirpating or uprooting.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of extirpating or rooting out, or the state of being extirpated; eradication; excision; total destruction.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of extirpating or rooting out; eradication; excision; total destruction: as, the extirpation of weeds from land; the extirpation of a diseased gland; the extirpation of evil principles from the heart; the extirpation of heresy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of pulling up or out; uprooting; cutting off from existence
- n. surgical removal of a body part or tissue
Sorry, no etymologies found.