from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The action of impoverishing someone.
- n. The state of being impoverished.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of impoverishing, or the state of being impoverished; reduction to poverty.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of impoverishing, or the state of being impoverished; a reducing to indigence; reduction of vigor, capacity, fertility, etc.; deterioration.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the state of having little or no money and few or no material possessions
- n. the act of making someone poor
From Anglo-Norman empoverissement, from the Old French verb empoverir. Surface analysis impoverish + -ment. (Wiktionary)