from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Great stupidity or foolishness.
- n. Something, such as conduct or an act, that is stupid or foolish.
- n. Psychology The state or condition of being an imbecile; moderate or severe mental retardation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality of being imbecile; weakness; feebleness, especially of mind.
- n. Something imbecilic; a stupid action, behaviour, etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality of being imbecile; weakness; feebleness, esp. of mind.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The condition or quality of being imbecile or impotent; weakness of either body or mind, but especially of the latter.
- n. Synonyms Infirmity, Imbecility, etc. (see debility); feebleness, childishness, idiocy, dotage.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. retardation more severe than a moron but not as severe as an idiot
- n. a stupid mistake
Sorry, no etymologies found.