from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or condition of being illegitimate.
- n. Bastardy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state or condition of being illegitimate
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of being illegitimate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or character of being illegitimate; specifically, bastardy; spuriousness: as, the illegitimacy of a child; the illegitimacy of an argument.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the status of being born to parents who were not married
- n. unlawfulness by virtue of not being authorized by or in accordance with law
Sorry, no etymologies found.