from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The condition of being born of unwed parents; illegitimacy.
- n. The begetting of a bastard.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The condition of being illegitimate, of being born to an unmarried woman or as the fruit of adultery.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of being a bastard; illegitimacy.
- n. The procreation of a bastard child.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being a bastard, or begotten and born out of lawful wedlock.
- n. The act of begetting a bastard.
- n. A judicial proceeding to determine the paternity of a bastard child and compel its father to support it.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the status of being born to parents who were not married
Sorry, no etymologies found.