from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Lack of balance or symmetry.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Want of symmetry, or proportion between the parts of a thing, especially want of bilateral symmetry.
- n. Lacking a common measure between two objects or quantities; Incommensurability.
- n. That which causes something to not be symmetrical.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Want of symmetry, or proportion between the parts of a thing, esp. lack of bilateral symmetry.
- n. Incommensurability.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Want of symmetry or proportion.
- n. The want of a common measure between two quantities; incommensurability.
- n. In chem., absence of symmetry in the positions particular atoms are believed to occupy in the molecule of a compound substance. See asymmetric.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (mathematics) a lack of symmetry
a- + symmetry (Wiktionary)