from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A preference for using one hand as opposed to the other.
- n. Chemistry & Physics The property that distinguishes an asymmetric from its mirror image but not from a rotated object.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The property that distinguishes an asymmetric object from its mirror image. For example, the essential difference between a left and right glove.
- n. A preference for using one hand rather than the other.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the property of using one hand more than the other
handed + -ness (Wiktionary)