from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or an instance of slipping, especially movement away from an original or secure place.
- n. The amount or extent of slipping.
- n. A decline in level, performance, or achievement.
- n. Loss of motion or power because of slipping.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of slipping, especially from a secure location.
- n. The amount something has slipped.
- n. A lessening of performance or achievement.
- n. A decrease in motion, or in the power of a mechanical system due to slipping.
- n. The difference between estimated and actual transaction costs.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of slipping; also, the amount of slipping.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of slipping; also, in mech., the amount of slip.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. failing to hold or slipping out of place
- n. decline from a standard level of performance or achievement
- n. a decrease of transmitted power in a mechanical system caused by slipping
slip + -age (Wiktionary)