from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Conveying or constituting a slight; belittling: a slighting look.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of slight.
- adj. In the manner of a slight; belittling, deprecative
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Characterized by neglect or disregard.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Disregard; scorn; slight.
- Derogatory; disparaging.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. tending to diminish or disparage
Sorry, no etymologies found.