from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Depression of spirits from loss of hope, confidence, or courage; dejection.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The loss of hope or confidence; despair or dejection.
- n. A feeling of depression or disheartenment.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of desponding; loss of hope and cessation of effort; discouragement; depression or dejection of the mind.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A sinking or dejection of spirits from loss of hope or courage in affliction or difficulty; deep depression of spirit.
- n. Synonyms Desperation, etc. (see despair), discouragement, melancholy, gloom.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. feeling downcast and disheartened and hopeless
Sorry, no etymologies found.