Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality or state of being lively or animated; sprightliness; vivacity; animation; spirit; briskness; activity; effervescence. Synonyms Life, Vivacity, etc. See
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The quality or state of being lively or animated; sprightliness; vivacity; animation; spirit.
- n. An appearance of life, animation, or spirit.
- n. Briskness; activity; effervescence, as of liquors.
- n. animation and energy in action or expression
- n. general activity and motion
- lively + -ness (Wiktionary)
“So, like your recent post -- oh, gloom doom, TV and newspaper Big Name Pundit celebrities are saying the Health Care Reform liveliness is dead, pass it on -- I say forget listening to 'celebrity' (so much).”
“The main liveliness in this production came from the guy behind us, who chose the most tender moments to try to join the trombone section with nose-blowings of amazing volume, force, and musicality.”
“Shall I call the liveliness of this day a gale of the Spirit, or was all natural?”
“Tristram Shandy, for instance, is in multifarious ways a marvellous book, but it is written in a tone of such constant high-pitched zaniness, such deliberate "liveliness", that one finds oneself screaming at it to calm down a bit.”
“For Mr. Nádas, a Budapest native who now lives in a remote village near the Austrian border, the decades since 1989 have restored a "liveliness" to Budapest that Communism had managed to erase.”
“The kind of liveliness, however, caused by the presence of seven or eight hundred students, is not always of the most agreeable character.”
“October "liveliness" was increasing all round, and mutual bombardments were growing more intense.”
“I can find nothing sharp (or susceptible of schoolmaster's codification) in the different degrees of 'liveliness' in hypotheses concerning the universe, or distinguish a priori between legitimate and illegitimate cravings.”
“All the folk round the fires and outside of them moved about quickly and with the same kind of liveliness which might animate a camp of more natural people at the rising of the sun.”
“The 'liveliness' of such rapid measures is thus a resultant of several factors.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘liveliness’.
Words pertaining to horses, equines, equestrians
Words I like!
( personal list, favorite words, randomness )
Looking for tweets for liveliness.