from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the property of being viable; the ability to live or to succeed
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being viable.
- n. The capacity of living after birth.
- n. The capacity of living, or being distributed, over wide geographical limits.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being viable; capability of living; specifically, capability in the fetus of continued existence after removal from the womb.
- n. In natural history, the ability to live in certain conditions of environment, climatic, geographical, etc.: as, the viability of fish in the water; the viability of an imported plant or animal in a country.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (of living things) capable of normal growth and development
- n. capable of being done in a practical and useful way
viable + -ity (Wiktionary)