Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or quality of being adequate; the condition of being proportionate or sufficient; a sufficiency for a particular purpose: as, the adequacy of supply to expenditure, or of an effort to its purpose; an adequacy of provisions.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The state or quality of being adequate, proportionate, or sufficient; a sufficiency for a particular purpose.
- n. the quality of being able to meet a need satisfactorily:
- n. the quality of being sufficient for the end in view
“They fired off a no-holds-barred letter to the Food and Drug Administration, announcing an investigation into what they call the adequacy of the efforts of the FDA to protect the safety of the nation's food supply.”
“If you say adequacy is a legal conclusion, you accept undercompensation.”
“The assumption of chemical adequacy is embeeded within a Yarus based process.”
“But capital adequacy is just part of the picture, he said.”
“The usual delusions of adequacy from the pro-bush crowd.”
“If present trends continue it is possible long-term adequacy will also be satisfactory.”
“Making progress on a moderate expansion of CPP is important for the long-term adequacy of”
“Sorry to quibble here, but while you're right that "adequate space" is the issue -- i.e., space must be adequate to allow for sufficient reaction time -- the adequacy is a function of your speed, not your speed relative to the other driver.”
“To meet this challenge, Locke (and to an even greater extent Hume) offered what may be termed adequacy of the stimulus counterarguments.”
“The truth of a statement is defined as the adequacy of the judgment quality of its content, that is the property of a judicative content by virtue of which acceptance (or its opposite, rejection) is triggered by purely objective motives.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘adequacy’.
abbreviations, abstractness, abstruse terms, accent, activation of kno..., adequacy, allusions, arcane expressions, attention splitting, availability of i..., badly drafted speech, baroque sentences and 171 more...
additionality, audit trail, accounting standards, auditing standards, general audit obj..., a posteriori audit, a priori audit, above board, acceptable error ..., access rights, accountability, accountable entities and 1283 more...
Use these and get promoted
1. Strictly EU terms with special European meaning used only in the EU
2. Keywords central to the understanding of the EU (people working for the EU are usually able to give thematic...
The vocabulary of conference interpreting. I commend this list to those who want to know more about the profession and to those who wish to organize their knowledge about the profession. To aspirin...
Looking for tweets for adequacy.