from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or an instance of charging oneself with a fault or mistake.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Blame or condemnation directed at the self, as by the conscience.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of reproaching one's self; censure by one's own conscience.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A reproaching or condemning of one's self; the reproach or censure of one's own conscience.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a feeling of deep regret (usually for some misdeed)
- n. the act of blaming yourself
Sorry, no etymologies found.