from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of being abrupt or broken; craggedness; ruggedness; steepness.
- n. Suddenness; unceremonious haste or vehemence.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or quality of being abrupt.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the property possessed by a slope that is very steep
- n. an abrupt discourteous manner
- n. the quality of happening with headlong haste or without warning
abrupt + -ness (Wiktionary)