from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. speed, swiftness; the condition of being rapid
- n. A measure of velocity relative to the speed of light
- n. A measure of the velocity of a particle in a beam relative to the beam#s axis
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being rapid; swiftness; celerity; velocity.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or property of being rapid; celerity of motion or action; quickness of performance or execution; fast rate of progress or advance.
- n. Synonyms Speed, Swiftness, etc. (see quickness), haste, expedition, despatch.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a rate that is rapid
Sorry, no etymologies found.