from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of chatter.
- n. A noise that chatters.
- n. Output fluctuation before reaching a stable condition.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or habit of talking idly or rapidly, or of making inarticulate sounds; the sounds so made; noise made by the collision of the teeth; chatter.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the rapid series of noises made by the parts of a machine
- n. the high-pitched continuing noise made by animals (birds or monkeys)
Sorry, no etymologies found.