from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or condition of being insistent; urgency.
- n. Immediacy of occurrence; instantaneousness.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. insistence, insistency
- n. immediacy, instantaneousness
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Instance; urgency.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Instance; insistency.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of being insistent
- n. the quickness of action or occurrence
Sorry, no etymologies found.