from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A children's game in which one player tries to find and catch others who are hiding. Also called hide-and-go-seek.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Variant of hide and seek
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. a play of children, in which some hide themselves, and others seek them.
- n. A game played by children, in which one child (who is “it”) covers his eyes for a short time while the other players hide, and then the one who is “it” tries to find the others.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A child's game in which one or more hide, and the others try to find them. Formerly called hide-and-find.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a game in which a child covers his eyes while the other players hide then tries to find them
Sorry, no etymologies found.