from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A view or picture of the sea.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A piece of art that depicts the sea or shoreline.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A picture representing a scene at sea. Compare landscape.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A picture representing a scene at sea; a sea-piece.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a view of the sea
- n. a painting of the sea (as distinguished from a landscape)
Sorry, no etymologies found.