from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An atomizer using compressed air to spray a liquid, such as paint, on a surface.
- transitive v. To spray with an airbrush.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A miniature, handheld paint sprayer, powered by compressed air or other gas, used for delicate, artistic painting, or sometimes retouching of photographs.
- v. To paint using an airbrush.
- v. To touch up or enhance a photograph, often with intent to mislead.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A kind of atomizer for applying liquid coloring matter, such as paint, in a spray by compressed air.
- transitive v.
- transitive v. to paint with an airbrush.
- transitive v. to alter or remove by use of an airbrush.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A peculiar kind of atomizer invented by Walkup, used by lithographers and artists for the distribution of color in minute quantities over a paper surface.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an atomizer to spray paint by means of compressed air
- v. paint with an airbrush
Sorry, no etymologies found.