from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Painting, especially artistic painting, with pigments for which water and not oil is used as a solvent.
- n. A pigment adapted or prepared for painting in this method.
- n. A painting executed by this method, or with pigments of this kind.
- n. Also used attributively in all senses.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. water-soluble pigment
- n. a water-base paint (with water-soluble pigments); used by artists
- n. the art or technique of painting with watercolors
- n. a painting produced with watercolors
Sorry, no etymologies found.