Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Painting, especially artistic painting, with pigments for which water and not oil is used as a solvent.
- n. A pigment adapted or prepared for painting in this method.
- n. A painting executed by this method, or with pigments of this kind.
- n. Also used attributively in all senses.
- n. water-soluble pigment
- n. a water-base paint (with water-soluble pigments); used by artists
- n. the art or technique of painting with watercolors
- n. a painting produced with watercolors
“Edward K. Johnson (1825-1896) was a self-taught English artist, who belonged to the water-color society.”
“In December of 1963, realist painter Adolf Konrad planned to travel to Rome and Egypt, so he made a packing list -- not quite the kind of list you or I might make -- Kondrad's was a water-color painted into his sketchbook.”
“Building towers of plastic cups so Bartlette could destroy them; being an appreciative art critic for Carmen's Q-tip water-color people-scapes (where the people dwarfed their environment); and applauding the winners of Ferguson's Hot Wheels car races.”
“Amber used gel food coloring and vodka to essentially create a water-color painting on fondant.”
“ The cocks were the true art, but her paychecks came from water-color city scenes painted for tourists, this income slightly augmented by a rapidly dwindling inheritance from her paternal grandmother.”
“The cocks were the true art, but her paychecks came from water-color city scenes painted for tourists, this income slightly augmented by a rapidly dwindling inheritance from her paternal grandmother.”
“Still in shirt sleeves on the beach, I tried to capture the scene: with my fledgling photo skills I wasn't all that successful...but the caress of the warm air and the water-color sky remain etched on my memory.”
“It's a dream of mine to set a water-color illustrated children's book in Kew.”
“Lydie, who had been taught music by Schmucke, was herself a musician capable of composing; she could wash in a sepia drawing, and paint in gouache and water-color.”
“Addendum: Mrs. Hulett thinks the above could be a water-color.”
‘water-color’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for water-color.