from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or condition of being triple.
- n. A group or set of three.
- n. In astrology, one of four groups of the zodiac, each consisting of three signs separated from each other by 120°. Also called trigon.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality or state of being triple or threefold; trebleness.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being triple, or threefold; trebleness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being triple or threefold; trebleness; threefoldness.
- n. A trinity; a triad.
- n. In astrology, the division of the signs according to the number of the elements; also, each division so formed, consisting of three signs. Every planet governs some triplicity, either by night or by day. See trigon, 2.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the property of being triple
- n. (astrology) one of four groups of the zodiac where each group consists of three signs separated from each other by 120 degrees
Middle English, three signs of the zodiac, from Late Latin triplicitās, triplicity, from Latin triplex, triplic-, triplex; see triplex.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Compare French triplicité, from Latin triplex, triplicis, threefold. See triplicate. (Wiktionary)