from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The condition or quality of being immediate.
- n. Lack of an intervening or mediating agency; directness: the immediacy of live television coverage.
- n. Something immediate, as in importance.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the quality of being immediate, of happening right away
- n. lack of mediation
- n. immediate awareness or apprehension
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The relation of freedom from the interventionof a medium; immediateness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The character of being immediate.
- n. Direct relation or connection; freedom from any intervening medium.
- n. Specifically, the condition of being in direct relation with a head or chief; the feudal rank next to that of the suzerain.
- n. In metaphysics, direct presence; spontaneous existence, not dependent on anything; absolute or non-relative being.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. immediate intuitive awareness
- n. lack of an intervening or mediating agency
- n. the quickness of action or occurrence
Sorry, no etymologies found.