from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being physically close
- n. The state of being friends
- n. The state of being mean or stingy
- n. The state of being secretive
- n. The shortest path between two vertices in a graph
- n. Solitude, seclusion
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of being close.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or quality of being close.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. extreme stinginess
- n. the quality of being close and poorly ventilated
- n. the spatial property resulting from a relatively small distance
- n. a feeling of being intimate and belonging together
- n. characterized by a lack of openness (especially about one's actions or purposes)
- n. close or warm friendship
close + -ness (Wiktionary)