from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state of being contiguous.
- n. A continuous mass or series.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A state in which two or more physical objects are physically touching one another or in which sections of a plane border on one another.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of being contiguous; intimate association; nearness; proximity.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Actual contact; a touching; the state of being in contact, or within touching distance; hence, proximity of situation or place; contiguousness; adjacency.
- n. Hence A series of things in continuous connection; a continuity.
- n. In psychology, the coexistence or immediate sequence of two or more impressions or experiences.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the attribute of being so near as to be touching
Sorry, no etymologies found.