from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The condition of being tangent.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being tangent; an instance of (something) being tangent.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being tangent; a contact or touching.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being tangent; a contact or touching. Also called taction.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (electronics) a junction where things (as two electrical conductors) touch or are in physical contact
- n. the state of being tangent; having contact at a single point or along a line without crossing
Sorry, no etymologies found.