from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of gage.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The art of measuring by the gaging-rod; a method of ascertaining the capacity of a hollow receptacle, but especially the liquid content of a cask or similar vessel, by the use of a graduated scale.
- n. In coal-mining, a small embankment or heap of slack or rubbish, made at the entrance to a heading, as a means of fencing it off.
- n. In needlework, the process of puckering a fabric by means of gathering-threads arranged in parallel rows; the work so done.
- n. Calcined gypsum added to plaster to regulate its rate of setting or hardening.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
She came round gaging for breath to find one man rapeing her whilst the other man had his male genitalia in her mouth and was ejeculating.
This cat has a way to go before this hunter/shooter can say Hero and Schumer in the same sentence without gaging!
Other factors, like demographic appeal, campaign organization, fundraising, etc. should be considered much more significantly in gaging electability.
I'm not convinced it has the database yet to be really useful for finding best sites or gaging the sentiment, but it represents a trend in search and might be a starting point for discovery.
I would just add one thing: the next Palestinian elections should include a referendum question gaging Palestinian support for a two-state solution (a similar referendum question could be added to the next Israeli elections as well).
The illusion created by the western media, is that Russian President Dmitry Medvedev and Prime Minister Putin are hanging on every word that emerges from the White House and gaging their strategy accordingly.
I suggest stocking the things you eat anyway and gaging the reserve amount by how much you use and how fast it expires.
What's true of reporting from Iraq is also true about the job figures that the government releases monthly gaging the health of the U.S. economy.
According to a study gaging European opinions on transatlantic issues, every major country in the European Union believes that the partnership between the U.S. and the EU needs to become closer with the onset of the next administration.
Roadless areas are also important benchmarks for gaging the effectiveness of restoration and ecosystem management activities.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.