from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state of being adjacent; contiguity.
- n. A thing that is adjacent.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality of being adjacent, or near enough so as to touch.
- n. A relationship of being adjacent to something.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being adjacent, or of lying close or contiguous; proximity or near neighborhood: as, the adjacency of lands or buildings.
- n. That which is adjacent.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the attribute of being so near as to be touching
Sorry, no etymologies found.