from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of kissing.
- n. A kiss.
- n. Mathematics A contact, as between two curves or surfaces, at three or more common points.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The action of kissing
- n. A kiss
- n. A close contact
- n. A contact between curves or surfaces, at which point they have a common tangent
- n. Determining whether a number is divisible by another by means of certain operations on its digits.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of kissing; a kiss.
- n. The contact of one curve with another, when the number of consecutive points of the latter through which the former passes suffices for the complete determination of the former curve.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A kiss.
- n. In geometry, the contact between a curve and another which osculates it. See osculate.
- n. A point of undulation where a right line has four or more coincident points in common with a curve.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of caressing with the lips (or an instance thereof)
- n. (mathematics) a contact of two curves (or two surfaces) at which they have a common tangent
From Latin ōsculātiō ("a kissing"), from osculor ("I kiss"). (Wiktionary)