from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state or quality of being solid.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. State or quality of being solid; firmness; compactness; solidity, as of material bodies.
- n. Soundness; strength; truth; validity, as of arguments, reasons, principles, and the like.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or property of being solid: solidity.
- n. Soundness; strength; truth; validity, as of arguments, reasons, principles, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of being substantial or having substance
- n. the consistency of a solid
- n. the quality of being solid and reliable financially or factually or morally
- n. the state in which a substance has no tendency to flow under moderate stress; resists forces (such as compression) that tend to deform it; and retains a definite size and shape
"You hit falsehood with truth and betrayal with loyalty and solidness," he said in remarks addressed to the Saudi people, which were later published in English on the state news agency.
"The solidness of the JGB market seems to be increasing, although steep declines in yields may not be expected as JGB yields have already been very low," said Akito Fukunaga , chief rates strategist at RBS Securities.
"I love its solidness and simplicity," said sculptor Lisa Schumaier.
The sandwich was freaking great, they even toasted the bun to give it a satisfying solidness on the crust.
The pieces share a lightness, complete in transparency, but still have a feeling of solidness.
His crossing hands had drawn her against the full length of his body—her shoulders touching the solidness of his chest, her hips feeling the rub of his thighs.
She had the experience and the solidness that the gown required.
Bright sun, blue sky, green trees, sweet air, abundant life—all this was only a hundred feet above his head—but the solidness of the chill rock around him made Cork feel completely cut off from the world he knew.
The truth struck Thomas with the solidness of steel against bone.
Aside from the marvelous sex, she also liked his solidness, admired his practical viewpoint of things and his unmitigated honesty, even regarding his own shortcomings.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.