from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state or quality of being solid.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. State or quality of being solid; firmness; compactness; solidity, as of material bodies.
- n. Soundness; strength; truth; validity, as of arguments, reasons, principles, and the like.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or property of being solid: solidity.
- n. Soundness; strength; truth; validity, as of arguments, reasons, principles, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of being substantial or having substance
- n. the consistency of a solid
- n. the quality of being solid and reliable financially or factually or morally
- n. the state in which a substance has no tendency to flow under moderate stress; resists forces (such as compression) that tend to deform it; and retains a definite size and shape
From solid + -ness (Wiktionary)