from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality of being incompressible, of not compressing under pressure
- n. The bulk modulus or modulus of incompressibility, measured in either electron volts or dynes per square centimeter.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality of being incompressible, or incapable of reduction in volume by pressure; -- formerly supposed to be a property of liquids.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality of being incompressible or of resisting compression.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the property of being incompressible
in- + compressibility (Wiktionary)