from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Agreement or logical coherence among things or parts: a rambling argument that lacked any consistency.
- n. Correspondence among related aspects; compatibility: questioned the consistency of the administration's actions with its stated policy.
- n. Reliability or uniformity of successive results or events: pitched with remarkable consistency throughout the season.
- n. Degree of density, firmness, or viscosity: beat the mixture to the consistency of soft butter.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. local coherence
- n. correspondence or compatibility
- n. reliability or uniformity; the quality of being consistent
- n. the degree of viscosity of something
- n. Freedom from contradiction; the state of a system of axioms such that none of the propositions deduced from them are mutually contradictory
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the property of holding together and retaining its shape
- n. logical coherence and accordance with the facts
- n. (logic) an attribute of a logical system that is so constituted that none of the propositions deducible from the axioms contradict one another
- n. a harmonious uniformity or agreement among things or parts
Sorry, no etymologies found.