from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Coincidence in time; simultaneousness.
- n. A chronological listing of historical personages or events so as to indicate parallel existence or occurrence.
- n. Representation in the same artwork of events that occurred at different times.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being synchronous
- n. A temporal relationship between events
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The concurrence of events in time; simultaneousness.
- n. The tabular arrangement of historical events and personages, according to their dates.
- n. A representation, in the same picture, of two or events which occured at different times.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Concurrence of two or more events in time; simultaneousness.
- n. A tabular arrangement of historical events or personages, grouped together according to their dates.
- n. In painting, the representation in the same picture of several events happening at different times, or of the same event at different moments of its progress.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the relation that exists when things occur at the same time
Sorry, no etymologies found.