from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of alignment.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Same as alignment.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of alining; the act of laying out or regulating by a line; an adjusting to a line.
- n. The state of being so adjusted; the line of adjustment; especially, in military, the state of being in line: as, the alinement of a battalion; the alinement of a camp.
- n. In engineering: The ground-plan of a railway or other road, in distinction from the gradients or profile. The ground-plan of a fort or field-work.
- n. Also written allinement, alignment, alignement, allignment.
- n. In archaeology, megaliths arranged in single, parallel, or converging rows.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an organization of people (or countries) involved in a pact or treaty
Sorry, no etymologies found.