American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Arrangement or position in a straight line or in parallel lines.
- n. The process of adjusting parts so that they are in proper relative position: A set of gears needs periodic alignment.
- n. The condition of having parts so adjusted: Binocular lenses that are out of alignment will yield a double image.
- n. A ground plan: Blueprints for the building included an alignment and a profile.
- n. The act of aligning or the condition of being aligned.
- n. An arrangement or alliance of groups: a new alignment of factions in the party.
- n. Sports An arrangement or positioning of players: a defensive alignment.
- n. Sports The grouping or positioning of teams, as in a conference or league.
- n. An arrangement of items in a line.
- n. The process of adjusting a mechanism such that its parts are aligned; the condition of having its parts so adjusted.
- n. An alliance of factions.
- n. astronomy The conjunction of two celestial objects.
- n. transport The precise route or course taken by a linear way (road, railway, footpath, etc.) between two points.
- n. gaming In a roleplaying game, one of a set number of philosophical attitudes a character can take.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The act of adjusting to a line; arrangement in a line or lines; the state of being so adjusted; a formation in a straight line; also, the line of adjustment; esp., an imaginary line to regulate the formation of troops or of a squadron.
- n. (Engin.) The ground-plan of a railway or other road, in distinction from the grades or profile.
- n. the act of adjusting or aligning the parts of a device in relation to each other
- n. an organization of people (or countries) involved in a pact or treaty
- n. (astronomy) apparent meeting or passing of two or more celestial bodies in the same degree of the zodiac
- n. the spatial property possessed by an arrangement or position of things in a straight line or in parallel lines
- French alignement (Wiktionary)
“It's very easy to make your own predefined colors or to change a title alignment or even to change a button icon size.”
“It's very easy to make your own predefined color or to change a title alignment or even to change a button icon size.”
“The current “liberal” alignment is none of these things.”
“There are still laws against copying intellectual work, it ` s just that they ` re restored in alignment with natural law, ie you can copy what you privately possess, but not that which someone else privately possesses.”
“I find that by holding my attention steady, and staying in alignment with my intentions and vision, the “flow” comes more naturally and obstacles are more easily transformed.”
“The terms utility and preference are elastic enough to perhaps cover, say, the noble action of living in alignment with your ideals, if you adopt an overly broad definition.”
“I think Jackie Chan and Jaden Smith, with a good script, and all the moons in alignment?”
“The challenge is, while we are telling you who you should be and expecting you to live in alignment with those standards and expectations, we forget two important things.”
“And I once argued that it was that process, the process of recomposition, that was why software engineering was so human-centered, it was the need to be able to put things together that drove a significant number of the collaborations required to keep all the individually separated parts in alignment so that they would fit back together again.”
“It's all well and good to have figured out what brings you lasting and authentic joy, to acknowledge you want whatever that is, and to accept that being in alignment with it will make you happy.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘alignment’.
A combined list of
1. EU Buzz - single words
2. EU Buzz - collocations
3. EU Buzz - the 100 most active
absorption capacity, absorption rate, acceding country, accession candidate, accession countries, accession country, accession criteria, accession cycle, accession negotia..., accession partner..., accession priorities, accession treaty and 2650 more...
Would you like to join our party? We just started a new campaign.
For more general lists about role-playing games, see brandelion's RPG and lampbane's Tales of the Dread Gazebo.
Interesting, there is a traditional vocabulary of an Ukrainian, that differs from vocabulary of average American. It would be nice to explore it.
1. Strictly EU terms with special European meaning used only in the EU
2. Keywords central to the understanding of the EU (people working for the EU are usually able to give thematic...
The vocabulary of scientific paper submission
An attempt to assemble all common typographic jargon.
These words function as gateways to new spaces that need to be explored.
an element, a component, an ingridient, an aspect, at the HELM - в р..., a tricky TRANSITI..., to have Hiccups -..., a CASH HOARD - запас, a PREDECESSOR - п..., an ancestor, to BE RELUCTANT t..., a PENCHANT for pi... and 53 more...
Start with the effect, the what; signal-patch known-belief spirit. "Write my program, routine me." New cue vs brand loyalty. Ritual Ceremony Design Technologies, Inc.
Words pertaining to horses, equines, equestrians
Weird words that are weird
Role-playing game terms.
Derivatives from Chapter 2 of Part One of English Words from Latin and Greek Elements
Verbing nouns and nounifying verbs from 9 to 5.
Looking for tweets for alignment.