from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or condition of being collective.
- n. The people considered as a body or whole.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The condition of being collective
- n. A body of people considered as a whole
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Quality or state of being collective.
- n. The collective sum, aggregate, or mass of anything; specif., the people as a body; the state.
- n. Collectivism.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as collectiveness. J. Morley.
- n. The whole collectively considered; the mass.
- n. Specifically The people of a commune or state taken collectively; the people at large; the citizens as a whole.
- n. Collectivism; especially, the ownership on the part of the state or the people at large of all means of production, especially of the soil.
Sorry, no etymologies found.