from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The condition of being plain (in all senses)
- n. The product or result of being plain
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being plain.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or quality of being plain
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the state of being unmixed with other material
- n. clarity as a consequence of being perspicuous
- n. an appearance that is not attractive or beautiful
- n. the appearance of being plain and unpretentious
From plain + -ness (Wiktionary)