Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or quality of being pure; purity. An unmixed state; separation or freedom from any heterogeneous or foreign matter: as, the pureness of water or other liquor; the pureness of a metal; the pureness of air.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The state of being pure (in any sense of the adjective).
- n. being undiluted or unmixed with extraneous material
- n. a woman's virtue or chastity
- n. the state of being unsullied by sin or moral wrong; lacking a knowledge of evil
“All well-inspired souls will perceive the profound natural truth of the idea of pureness, and will be sure, therefore, that the more boldly it is challenged the more sharply and signally will experience mark its truth.”
“The air was chilly too, and had a kind of pureness, and a sweet smell from the pines around.”
“Does virtue imply the achieved state of purification or does the mere process suffice to it, Virtue being something of less perfection than the accomplished pureness which is almost the Term?”
“But by "pureness" here, he means either chasteness again, or general purity, or incorruptness, or even his preaching the Gospel freely.”
“A new controversy over Dove's "Campaign for real beauty" ads is brewing as questions arise over the "pureness" of the images of women in the ad.”
“I've used it for years and years, but I've made a commitment to start buying greener, more natural products and though it does contain "pureness" in the name, Shiseido is not, I think, a green brand.”
“His offense is also known to improve the productivity and "pureness" of point guards.”
“They are beautiful in their mystery, the pureness that comes from being ultimately so untouched by human hands.”
“I found the picture above on this website, which promises that Number 1 "is produced to bring an unique flavour in the first time in Vietnam, to serve for lively youth people, NGk market received a new prosduct with its new and strange flavour, nutrition, pureness, bringing user a cheery, enjoyable feeling.”
“And then, as only he had heard men do it, she sank, or leaped — he could scarcely say which — to the sureness and pureness and ineffable softness of the Andante following.”
Looking for tweets for pureness.